Friday, January 1, 2010

So.
I'm here, in Ireland, and the sun is setting behind mountains that disappear into fog, and I'm thinking I'm going to be okay.

This country is beautiful, and the people are lovely (especially the ones I'm living with here at Camphill Mountshannon, Clai House), and there's a really cute puppy -- all of which is helping to ease my homesickness.
Still...it hurts sometimes.

On a happier note, we went on a walk today into some snow-covered bogs, and it was amazing. SUCH beautiful weather, sunny and cool. And there was more than enough snow to make a little snowperson (with little flower arms raised high). I left him on a post with a sign depicting a hiking trail. He's like a little snow inukshuk...except made of circles instead of stones.
That's my next building project -- being the only Canadian in Camphill (we think), I'm going to transport a little stone momento to Mountshannon. Although I hear they already have some Canadian geese, so our wildlife may have beaten me to the punch.

I hope all is well with you, and I love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Until next time, mes cheries.

- s

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make a little inukshuk for me too, and then I can visit and you can show me. I miss you! I hope you're not too preoccupied by your home sickness to take in the amazingness of the whole experience.
    -sons

    ReplyDelete
  3. sfh, my sweet:
    You are amazing. This sounds wonderful, and I'm so proud of you. I have been thinking of you every day and wondering how you are managing. Let yourself feel it, whatever it is. I love this for you and I look forward to following this delightful blog.
    xoB

    ReplyDelete