Tuesday, January 19, 2010

and so we dance.

Heyo. So, I went off to my first ceilhi (probably spelled wrong) in Ireland last night. Fun times -- it's like line dancing in that someone calls out what step will be coming next, but I could actually understand this man when he did so (unlike my one line dancing experience in the St. Anne's gym. It was very muffled, to say the least). Anywho, this one was fun. I'm glad I did the old swing dance lessons in Halifax before leaving, though, because I would've been so much more out of my depth otherwise. We arrived, and the teacher picked me out as new and threw me (figuratively) into a set (being four pairs in a square, me paired with a lovely older gentleman) and off we went. I picked it up fairly quickly (enough so that I was comfortable and enjoying myself and not worrying about what comes next -- which is where swing comes in, because it got me used to partner dancing and following a lead). But there was a lot of hardshoe sounds coming from the experienced dancers (think tap), and I want to know what they're doing! I'll have to wait until next time, and maybe ask the teacher or someone to just show me quickly, cause it's very hard to learn by just watching.

But yes. All in all, a lovely Monday night following a lovely weekend in which I began to spread out the knowledge of tap dancing. They wanted to see it...so I showed them, and then started teaching (cause what else am I supposed to do? Just soak up their accolades? :)). There was interest, so maybe tap dancing will become part of a Camphill Mountshannon tradition. Who knows.

Other than that, life is sauntering along pretty swimmingly here. Did some gardening the other day, harvesting leeks, and realized that I love it and am excited for the weather to warm up even more so the gardening tasks can accumulate. Also, there's talk of a play going around, one to be performed by us in April on our open house day (for the community). We're going to walk around the gorgeous park here on Sunday to see what inspiration comes from the space. Yay!

I hope all is well out there in the rest of the world. Write, if you get a chance.

Ok.
LOVE.

- S

PS: to comment, if anyone wishes to, simply click on the "post a comment" button. When asked for an identity, you can always select "anonymous" from the list. And then, if you sign your comment, I'll still know who you are. :)
love,
me

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like sooooo much fun! :D mmmmm swing dancing lessons...
    -sons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost welled up reading this, it sounds so absolutely perfect. Perfect for you, especially. I love you so much and I am so fecking proud of you.
    Love hugely,
    Big MG in Hondy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSS bringing the tap dancing to Ireland!!! show them your skills...make the tap team proud! :D

    ReplyDelete