Saturday, September 11, 2010

some stories before the big Switzerland ship-out

Hi.
It's me.
You might remember me from such things as the last, nigh-on month-old post. One could say that such sporadic postings keep things on their toes. Or they could say What the hell, S?
Either way. :)

So...everyone's back now. No more Clai to myself, or only having to cook for five people instead of twelve. But hey. Is the way the world goes. :) (Plus, my holidays are still to come -- leaving on Monday for a night in Dublin and then the flight to Switzerland (slash France) for almost two weeks. Yay!)

Also, I painted my room (finally :)), and I'm really happy with it. Makes me realize how important it is to claim your space for yourself. I'll pop the pictures on here, so you can all admire it and praise me like you should.
Oh, dance music.

Also, we just went to watch a film in Ennis. "Scott Pilgrim vs the world". Totally awesome -- really funny, and lovely because it's not a remake or a sequel. And it's about a 20-something from TO, so there was a little "look, it's Canada!" in it for me too. :) (Many times I was the only one laughing in the theatre...but that only made it better.)

And, contrary to the last post, I did not in fact go to Electric Picnic. That was the plan...but then suddenly I had no way there, or back, or any place to sleep (it was a camping situation, but there was no room for me where the people I was going with were staying...or something...and the ride they'd set for me fell through). So I looked around for a bit, and then realized that the more I thought about going the less I wanted to. My stomach sank, in fact, each time I thought about it. Nothing to do with who I was going with or anything -- the Invisible Music and Theatre Guild are really cool. However, it was a little too up in the air for me. Plus I don't like camping. I wasn't Irish enough for it (the see-what-happens part, not the camping part).
Anyway, I didn't go and it was totally the right decision. Yay listening to myself! :)

Also, I spent a few days (and nights) this week over at Inis (the other house) because they were short-staffed with a coworker on vacation and a baby around. So I went there for a bit to help out in the mornings (especially), and it was lovely. Such a different atmosphere. I like both houses, but I do also like varying it up sometimes. And when I was there we watched Kick Ass (a film which is funny and unexpectedly violent. Still, overall a good one to watch if you have a tolerance for those kinds of things).

And now I just need to kick myself in the ass to get going on the play again (re. MG). (Sorry for the profanity, it was just too good of a segue to pass up). Got all the research things here, I just need to sit down and do it in a big chunk...which I find hard to do in my days off because I'd want to just stay in my room and do it except everyone else is around and the walls are thin (and I'm easily distracted). Maybe I'll go to the library... :)

And that's about it. Nothing too major going on here...usual ups and downs.
Started thinking about the future more, seeing what I need to do to apply to the NTS and trying to convince myself I can leave the job hunt until later. It's working so far. :)
Getting really excited to go home (not because I don't love it here and am really glad for everything I've learned and everyone I've met...but still. I'm excited about the moment when I get off the plane in Fredericton, because then at least for the Christmas holidays I can drop a lot of responsibilities and just hang with people. Ha. That doesn't sound so good on re-reading, but it's true and honest. I love it here, and I'm all for responsibility...but when there's an offer to leave it for a time, it's exciting. :))

Ok.
The next post will be more exciting, I promise.

I hope all is well with everyone, and that the autumn is beautiful where you are and infecting you with the same sort of "everything IS all good" contentment it's giving me. :)

LOVE.

and opposite to this wall is...

this one!


(and the other two are white).
Artsy, no?

LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. My thought upon reaching the pictures: "Wow,that actually looks great". Even though I have never had the desire to expend effort in order to paint my room, I'm kind of envious.

    Also: Scott Pilgrim is great. It's based on a comic series by a Canadian, and you should read it! Read it all! (only 6 books, which maybe take a hour each to read)
    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete